Thursday, March 1, 2012

Long Live Lady Melody! Now, Meet the Tune-Yards

After 6 months of anxiety and stress due to excessive future-planning, I am back and ready to rumble! I know many of you probably felt lost and confused without my music guidance ;). Well, not anymore! 

I realized that, maybe, just maybe, my blogging charisma levels were low because I had lost my drive to chase music. So, I am coming out from under my cave made of job applications, interviews, exams, and social marketing research to find the long lost sound, of well, sound itself! 

To start: Make sure to check out the Tune-Yards if you haven't already!  Lead by Merrill Garbus of New England, this is a band that needs a music genre of its own. Their tracks ooze with everything from blues sounds, to African tones, to reggae-esque sprawls, to lo-fi folk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment